APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID
Ho`ala partners with School and Student Services (SSS) By NAIS in our financial aid process. To begin your financial aid application, you will complete SSS’s Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS).
The PFS is a comprehensive application that will take some time to complete. Give yourself the time you need by not waiting until the deadline to begin. You’ll need your most recent tax return before beginning the PFS. We also recommend that you review the wide range of materials that SSS has put together to help families with the financial aid process. They can be found at sss.nais.org/parents.
Ho`ala School will communicate our financial aid decision to you. To make our decision, we use the information from the PFS as a starting point but also consider our school policy, practices, and available budget.
HOW TO COMPLETE THE PARENTS’ FINANCIAL STATEMENT (PFS) ONLINE
· Go to https://sssandtadsfa.force.com/familyportal
· Create your PFS Online account with your email address and a password. If you applied for financial aid last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you set up last year.
· Begin a PFS for the applicable Academic Year. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later to complete it.
· After you have pressed submit, you’ll be brought to a payment screen. The fee is nonrefundable. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system.
· About 24 hours after you pay for and submit your PFS, you’ll have access on the PFS Online to a section called “Manage Documents.” You can upload the additional documents we require there.
HOW TO SUBMIT ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ONLINE
· Prepare your documents to be uploaded. Make sure the documents are on your computer, each saved as a separate file. They can be saved in any of the following file formats: Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe pdf, .jpg, .gif, or .tif. Remove any security or password protection from your pdfs.
· Return to the PFS Online and login.
· Select the applicable Academic Year button.
· From your PFS Online Dashboard, click on the “Manage Documents” tab.
· On the Manage Documents page, under “Upload Documents,” click “Browse,” then locate the place the document is on your computer.
· Click “Upload Documents.” Once you have uploaded a document, it will NOT appear immediately in the “Received Documents” section on this page. It can take up to 48 hours for it to be received and then validated.
If you need help completing the PFS, contact SSS customer service at (800) 344-8328.
HERE’S KEY INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OUR SCHOOL AS YOU COMPLETE THE PFS:
Our school’s full name: Ho`ala School
Our school’s SSS code: 904973
Contact information for our financial aid office: Darlene Dela Cruz ph. 808-621-1898 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ho`ala deadline for completing the PFS:
Application should be completed by May 31st in order to be considered for the 1st distribution in June. Mid-year applicants should submit within two weeks of acceptance. However, funds are limited and are subject to availability at the time of application.