APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID
Ho`ala School aims to make tuition affordable for more families by offering need-based grants, depending on the availability of funds. To ensure accurate and fair assessment of a family’s ability to pay, we collaborate with a trusted third-party organization, BeneFAQ. Since 1999 (formerly as Confidential Financial Services, or CFS), they have been specializing in supporting private school families recognizing the significance you place on providing a quality education for your child. We are pleased to partner with them in this area of expertise. During the application process, BeneFAQ will request financial information, including details on income, expenses, assets, and debts. Utilizing this information, they will calculate a “Family Anticipated Contribution Total” (FACT Report) and provide us with the results. Once we receive the report, we will reach out to you to discuss the outcomes and further steps.
HOW TO APPLY THROUGH BeneFAQ:
To apply for tuition assistance for the upcoming school year, here is an outline of the steps you will need to fill out your confidential financial application through BeneFAQ. Follow the directions below.
Step 1: Navigate to www.benefaq.com and create a new account if you do not yet have one in the new BeneFAQ system.
Step 2: Once you are at the site, select the “Parent” button from the upper right.
Step 3: Create an account, entering all the information requested and clicking register which will sign you in for the first time (returning users can then sign in using the sign-in section on the left).
Step 4: Click the APPLY button.
Step 5: Enter the correct application year, enter your school number in the search window or begin typing our school name and select it when it appears. Our school number is 17577, which may help identify our school. NOTE: If our school has not yet granted access to the application year for which you are applying, you will not be able to select it.
- Proceed to enter your credit card information and click the button “Pay and Create App” to proceed.
- Your credit card will be charged $35. The charge will come through as BeneFAQ.
- Once you pay, your application will be available to begin entering information.
Step 6: Read all instructions on each page.
- On the left are listed all the sections of the application that you will be completing.
- When a page is completed, that section of the left-hand menu will be indicated with the color green. Sections in gray have not been completed.
- If you exit and return later, simply find the next section you need to complete and continue from there. Click “Save and Continue” at the bottom of each page to proceed to the next page.
- If you have questions, please click the Questions/Clarifications link on the upper right-hand side of the page or the “Messages” tab from the top menu and write your question. This will send a note to BeneFAQ and they will respond in as timely a manner as possible. In some cases, it may take up to 24 hours to receive a response. They are closed on weekends and holidays.
- When they respond, you will receive an email indicating that a message waits for you in your account. A number indicator will appear next to the “Messages” link on your dashboard showing that you have an unread message. Click “Messages” to see the message.
- If you have any issues with the messaging, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 7: The application is predominantly constructed in an “interview” style. Complete the application and DO NOT SKIP any questions.
Step 8: At the end of the application, once you have reviewed your entries and click “Submit App & Proceed” you will be asked to upload specific information based on the way you completed your application.
- Click the checkbox to upload that document. YOU CANNOT SELECT MORE THAN ONE file at a time to upload. Please use the “Add” button under Pay Stubs to add additional pay stubs and the “Additional Documents” section to upload any other documents you desire or are requested.
- If you are not able to upload your tax returns in one complete document, please use “Additional Documents” to add the pages.
- BeneFAQ will begin verifying your application once they begin receiving documents from you.
- BeneFAQ will message you through the inline messaging system if they need further clarification on anything. Please use this system to respond to those inquiries. NOTE: Make sure benefaq.com emails are not going to your spam folder.
Ho`ala School will communicate our financial aid decision to you. To make our decision, we use the information from the BeneFAQ application as a starting point but also consider our school policy, practices, and available budget.
HOW TO SUBMIT ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ONLINE
· Prepare your documents to be uploaded. Make sure the documents are on your computer, each saved as a separate file. They can be saved in any of the following file formats: Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe pdf, .jpg, .gif, or .tif. Remove any security or password protection from your pdfs.
If you have questions about your application or supporting documents, it is best to use the inline messaging system. BeneFAQ is prompt in its replies and will be very willing to help you as necessary. You can also email: email@example.com
HERE’S KEY INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OUR SCHOOL AS YOU COMPLETE THE APPLICATION:
Our school’s full name: Ho`ala School
Our school’s SSS code: 17577
Contact information for our financial aid office: Darlene Dela Cruz ph. 808-621-1898 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ho`ala deadline for completing the BeneFAQ application:
Application should be completed by May 31st in order to be considered for the 1st distribution in June. Mid-year applicants should submit within two weeks of acceptance. However, funds are limited and are subject to availability at the time of application.